Betstars is a recent creation from the well known poker brand, Pokerstars, which itself recently acquired the Skybet brand in a deal worth $4.7 billion, so with 2 bookmakers on their hands let’s hope they keep identities and odds separate from one another (which has rarely been the case with historic takeovers.
Betstars will start you on enormous limits, far too high in my opinion because if they decide that they dislike your custom your will be cut down to almost nothing. Why not start lower and then increase maximum bet limits after reviewing customer activity? Seems a more sensible way to go about things in my opinion.
Anyway, Betstars are a good site and they should be with the huge financial backing that they have. Their odds are good and their bonuses are innovative (and awesome!), the spin and bet offering is unique and I hope will remain so, the recent trend of high street bookmakers copying everything around them is lazy. Security wise I don’t think that you could be more secure of your funds given the reputation of Pokerstars, so feel free to sign up and take a look.
Sign Up Bonus
Bet $/£/€20 and receive 2 x $/£/€10 free bets.
- This offer only applies to your first ever sports bet with BetStars.
- The minimum stake to qualify is $/£/€20.
- This offer only applies to bets placed on selections with accumulated odds of 2.0 (evens) or greater.
- If you have signed up through BetStars and made your first deposit with either Neteller or Skrill (Moneybookers) you will not be eligible for this offer.
- If you have previously opened a Stars Account to play Poker or Casino, you will need to opt-in via your Challenge Window to take up our Sports Welcome Offer.
- Free Bet(s) can’t be used on Spin & Bet.
- You can view the Free Bet(s) under the ‘Free Bets’ tab in your account, located next to the Bet Slip.
- Unused Free Bets expire seven (7) days after being credited.
- The Free Bet(s) is non-refundable and the Free Bet stake is not included in any returns.
- This offer is not available for use in conjunction with any other promotions run by BetStars.
- BetStars reserves the right to amend these rules at any time and in the event of any dispute BetStars decision is final.
- Where there is evidence that a series of bets, placed by individual customers on the same outcome, are linked through a referring website, messaging service, arbitrage alert service or betting system, BetStars reserves the right not to offer the Free Bet to those customers at its sole discretion.
- BetStars reserves the right in its sole discretion to exclude and/or limit the availability of any promotional offer to customers
- Bets placed with Free Bets, bets that are cashed out and void bets will not qualify.
- Your Free Bets will be credited in the currency of your stake. If you change your currency after qualifying for a Free Bet, your Free Bet will be in the same currency as the original stake.
Spin & Bet
By paying an extra 10% of your stake, you will have the chance to have your odds enhanced up to x 10. It is available on all pre-match football market for a maximum stake of $/£/€100
Their headline offer and a great one at that. Let’s start with a quick numbers review, the terms and conditions can be found here, but broadly you have a 52.2% chance of boosting your stake by at least 20%, simply by paying 10%…this is the very definition of a great value bet and should be used at every opportunity. The numbers do not lie!
80+ minute goal insurance
Applies to all Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League and Europa League games. Stake refunded as a Free Bet up to $/£/€20 if a goal after 80:00 turns a winning Match Result bet into a loser. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Goals scored in Extra Time or Penalty Shootouts do not count. T&Cs apply
Another great offer. I’ve done the research for a previous betting project and there are a LOT of goals score after 79 minutes, so if the odds are looking good for your pre-match bet then it is an obvious decision as to where you should be placing your bet. Hopefully they will open this offer up to more leagues in future seasons.
Place a treble or higher on any football matches and if it wins, they will boost your winnings with a bonus in Free Bets and cash up to $/£/€100,000. Each selection must be at least 1.50, there are lots more terms and conditions to be found here, especially relating to the markets that are included.
So as there are plenty of these ACCA bonus type offerings from other bookmakers, I’ll compare the good and the bad.
The Good: No min/max limit on your stake! Refreshing change…
The Bad: Min odds of 1.5 per selection. Other sites go as low as 1.2, but as trebles are included I suppose it is that bad.
Overall – Good. Top 3 in the class. B+
All major credit and debit cards
Bookmakersreview Rating (out of 5)